"Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain, but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. These men must also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach. Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things. Deacons must be husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a high standing and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus." -1 Timothy 3:8-13
ROLE of EVERY DEACON AT FBC
- Minister through Sunday School classes
- Congregational Greeter Ministry
- Assist with Decision time during worship
- Administer the ordinances of the church (Baptism & Communion)
- Provide encouragement, feedback, and accountability to the pastor regarding the general ministry and specific initiatives of the church
- Minister to widows and homebound
Here at FBC we believe every Christian is a servant and should be serving. God has given each Christian specific gifts, abilities and resources in order to accomplish one Biblical mission. In addition to the general functions, our deacons are organized in teams with a specific purpose in order to be most efficient in ministering to the church body and advancing the kingdom of God. Below you can see our deacon members.
- Kenneth Barker, Scott Bryant, Reeder Bissell, Jesse Casey, Dan Cunningham, David Green, Gregg Greer, James Hay, Bob Holland, Charlie Hunt, Brandon Jones, Charlie Jones, Dwayne Jones, Stanley Jones, Dennis O'Quinn, David Scroggins Shane Sherwood, Michael Shirley, Tommy Slater, Mike Smith, Johnny Vinson, Alan Walters, Floyd Watkins
- The Deacon Emeritus designation is provided to honor those deacons who have given outstanding, meritorious, and loyal service to the church and to the body of deacons, and who have attained the age of 75 years.
- Any active deacon may recommend an eligible deacon for consideration for this designation. If approved by the deacon body, the nomination would then be taken to the church for final approval.
- A Deacon Emeritus shall have all the privileges of an active deacon.
- Wesley Dollahite, Johnny McCracken, Sid Stafford